Archive for October 2013
Delightedly finished reading through the linux.conf.au program. Some nasty clashes have me still arguing with myself, but here are my personal compulsory attendance talks. Your preferences will no-doubt differ, so I’ve tried to explain my reasons:
- Tridgell: Open Hardware Differential GPS – I spoke to Tridge about this, and the abstract completely undersells it.
- Corbet: Kernel – Jon’s kernel talks are great for non-kernel people, but for me it’s about seeing the forest through the trees.
- McKenney: Parallel Verification – Paul’s spoken with me about this, but I want to hear the practical side to see how I can apply it.
- Heo: Kernel per-cpu – I persuaded Tejun to submit this; his per-cpu work was elegant (mine, on which this was built, was merely functional).
- Airlie: Virtual GPU – Sorry Bdale (with whom it clashes): I have wanted a virtio GPU for so long, I need to see it.
- Packard: Zero-copy Compositing – Keith is always good, and graphics performance is fascinating.
- Suehle: Raspberry Pi – Generally O’Reilly books are well researched, so I expect great content here.
- Isaacs: CTDB Bugs – I was around when he was finding some of these, and there are some fascinating surprises here.