Delightedly finished reading through the linux.conf.au program.Â Some nasty clashes have me still arguing with myself, but here are my personal compulsory attendance talks.Â Your preferences will no-doubt differ, so I’ve tried to explain my reasons:
- Tridgell: Open Hardware Differential GPS – I spoke to Tridge about this, and the abstract completely undersells it.
- Corbet: Kernel – Jon’s kernel talks are great for non-kernel people, but for me it’s about seeing the forest through the trees.
- McKenney: Parallel Verification – Paul’s spoken with me about this, but I want to hear the practical side to see how I can apply it.
- Heo: Kernel per-cpuÂ – I persuaded Tejun to submit this; his per-cpu work was elegant (mine, on which this was built, was merely functional).
- Airlie: Virtual GPU – Sorry Bdale (with whom it clashes): I have wanted a virtio GPU for so long, I need to see it.
- Packard: Zero-copy CompositingÂ – Keith is always good, and graphics performance is fascinating.
- Suehle: Raspberry Pi – Generally O’Reilly books are well researched, so I expect great content here.
- Isaacs: CTDB Bugs – I was around when he was finding some of these, and there are some fascinating surprises here.